Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturdays Just Aren't What They Used to Be!

I remember when I was young and Saturdays meant sleeping late, watching tv and/or playing outside with friends. Whatever happened to those days. I suppose it was the whole "growing up and becoming an adult" thing. But I'm here to tell you, Saturdays were a lot more fun back then. Yes, today I did get to sleep late (compared to the time I get up Sunday - Friday) but soon thereafter it was a trip to Lowes and then back home to mow the lawn. I know it was in no way as warm this afternoon as it was earlier this week, but I was sweating up a storm. The worst part, a sunburned head, the curse of a bald head. However, the yard looks much nicer. The biggest surprise for the day is that after 8 months of procrastination, Joe planted flowers in the pots outside. He did an amazing job. Now he just has to remember to water them consistently. Only time will tell as far as that goes but for now everything looks quite pretty, except for my red head!
(there are 6 pots of flowers like above, he didn't do just the one)

Joe has his appointment with the surgeon on Monday At Duke and then his oncologist and Chemo appointments on Thursday. Of course depending on what the surgeon says the Chemo might be changed. It just depends on how soon he wants to do the surgery.

Right now, I feel like a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...