Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Joe!

Today, February 11, 2011 Joe turned a distinguished 55 years old.  Still looking good for such an old man, huh?  Yesterday his cousin Steve came for an overnight visit from Asheville.  We had a delightful dinner at Toast downtown, then the 2 of them went to see 127 Hours.  I opted out of that event.  I think I would rather cut my arm off myself rather than watch a movie about someone cutting their arm off, but that's just me.  This morning Joe & Steve went to Elmo's for breakfast and then Steve headed back west.  Joe has had a wonderful birthday, filled with gifts and well wishes from family and friends.

As you can see, Joe is not an easy person to film.  But then again, my camera abilities leave a lot to be desired.  The best part after the video was done was finishing off the red velvet birthday cake that Stacey Potratz of Joe's choir made for their surprise birthday party last Wednesday night after choir practice.  Both of us agree it was the best red velvet cake we've ever had!!!!

On Monday, Feb. 14th, will be the day that we find out whether or not Joe will be a good candidate for surgery to remove the tumor.  His appointments at Duke start at 8a.m. and continue through mid-afternoon.  We start with the Radiologist, then scans, then the Oncologist, then the Surgeon, then hopefully the surgical screening clinic.  If everything goes on time, we should know before the evening rush hour when his surgery will take place.  We've already received a letter from the Pancreatic Surgical Oncology department with details of what the surgery will be, how to prepare for it, and what to expect, should it actually happen.

Thank you to everyone who has remembered us in their prayers and sent their love and best wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Here is my claim to fame, I know Aaron Ralston (aka the guy who cut his arm off). We went to church together and he was the accompianist for my numerous church solos as a youth.

    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...