Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Day 35 - Stimulus check

Yes, the stimulus money was deposited today.  Yay.  Helps offset my leaving work a month early.  Not feeling quite as guilty over that.
I also got a few Easter photos from Phyllis & Sara of Hayden on Easter Sunday.  Last year we were there for the Easter Egg hunt where she had to be carried all over the place.  This year she did it on her own, once she understood what was expected, and I am incredibly sorry that we could not be there due to COVID-19. 
The photos and the video that was sent will just have to do, but of course, it's not the same as being there.  Hopefully next year.  But that brings up all kinds of other questions.  Will it be ok to travel during the holidays in the late fall/winter?  Yes, I know that is a LONG way off, but let's be real.  It's not like this virus is just going to magically disappear.  Before that is Hayden's 2nd birthday. That's the end of June.  Will we be able to be there?  CJ & Maria are supposed to come see us the 2nd week of July.  Is that going to be safe?  What about Thanksgiving?  This is supposed to be an Ohio year for Christmas.  That means having to stay in a hotel.  Not sure how I feel about that prospect.  

Ok, I'm getting carried away.  I need to not focus that far ahead, right?  Let's get through April and find out when the Stay at Home orders are lifted...not that the actual order will matter much to me. I'm still keeping my distance, wearing my masks until there is definitive PROOF that it's safe and the coronavirus is a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...