Thursday, November 13, 2014

45 Days Until Christmas

It is so hard to believe that Christmas is just a month and a half away.  2 weeks from now is Thanksgiving.  Good news, Thanksgiving week I have 2 days off (that makes a 4 day weekend), then I work for 2 weeks and have a week off (still have 1 week of vacation left and will spend it at Lake Lure, NC), then after returning to work on Dec. 22, I work a 3 day week, then the next week a 4 day week.  Not bad.  All total, between now and the end of the year I have 10 extra days off!  YAY!!!!!

On the other side of the coin, my GI issues continue.  I've seen doctors about it and have a diagnosis and treatment.  I guess that actually qualifies as good news too.  I've felt better the last couple of weeks since taking the new medication.  That should qualify for a yay too, so YAY!!!!!  Work has been good as well, although slower than I like as it can make for long days.  I also made decisions about some of the things that have been causing me stress and have eliminated what I can.  Progress, right?  YAY!!!!!  Now I just need the self motivation to start working out again.  How did I do it last year?  Was it just wanting to not be fat that did it?  Should I just start eating a lot more and put some pounds back on so I can self motivate?  I think that might be a little on the counterproductive side of the coin.

I went to see the mother-in-law last weekend and had a very nice visit.  We sat and talked for hours and hours after lunch (and during lunch).  I stayed until after dinner and then made my trek back to Durham.

My Twitter feed has been on fire since the "Finding Our Way" webcast.  I've made lots of new FB friends and gotten a lot more Twitter followers.  Nice to know that there are people out there that share some of the same opinions and thought processes about topics that matter to me.

My real question of the night is this...."Do I put up the Christmas decorations, even the limited version that I did last year, this year?"  Anyone that knows me well knows that I hate putting up a Christmas tree.  That was a Joe thing.  That is why we always had 2 trees.  He loved the trees.  My feeling is that it just takes too much time and effort.  Especially on the taking down end.  Last year I just put up the metal "Cary tree" that we bought 10 years ago.  It comes in 4 pieces and takes 10 minutes to put up.  I put one tea light on each "branch" and called it a day.  Very simple, but was the best I could do given the circumstances.  I put the other decorations around the house, like I always have done.  So do I make myself put the Cary tree up?  It's pretty, but AARRRRRGH....I'm lazy and not motivated.  Can someone send me some Christmas spirit??  If that's asking too much, how about some Thanksgiving spirit?  I could probably work with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...