Thursday, May 22, 2014

Only One Week to Relay. Am I Ready?

The time is drawing very, very close.  One week from today I will have my walking shoes on and come the end of the Opening Ceremony at Relay for Life, start walking on Lap 2.  For those that have never participated in a Relay for Life, the first lap is for Cancer Survivors.  Caregivers start on Lap 2, then everyone joins in from there on.  My plea last week to help me over the hump to hit my $3000 goal worked and as of this typing, I am at $3171.  Wow! 

However, you know me and I don’t give up easily so I’m still asking, begging, annoying anyone and everyone for more donations.  I’ve been at this since February 3rd.  I’m like a dog with a bone..I won’t let go!!  As with each of the many previous pleas for support, it is very easy to make a donation, no matter how small or large.  You can click the link below to make a donation online using your credit card or you can use the same link to make a donation with a check by printing off a donation sheet and mailing the sheet along with the check to the American Cancer Society.  Please also make the check payable to The American Cancer Society.

I am sure next weekend will be an emotional one for me, as it was last year.  This year during the Luminaria Ceremony for those that lost the battle to cancer that precedes the Luminaria Walk, when Joe’s name shows up on the big screen, his photo will be there too.  Like last year, unless I happen to be comatose by that time, I’m sure I will cry.  Just like last year, I’m sure I will shed tears each and every time I pass by one of the luminaries with Joe’s name on it that will line the track.  But just like last year, I know that Joe will be watching me, quietly walking by my side, holding my hand and holding me up. Urging me forward. 

The support of my friends & family have been critical this past year and I carry each of you in my heart as I walk this coming Friday and Saturday.  Thank you and Keep On Relaying to Fight Cancer!


All donations to Relay for Life/The American Cancer Society are 100% Tax Deductible.

TEAM PGUMC IS PUMPED AND READY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...