Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Week After My Doctor's Appointment

This time last week I was all stressing over my doctor's appointment the next day.  Specifically I was stressing over my weight and how much Dr. Kavanaugh would fuss at me.  However, as it turned out he didn't fuss at me at all about my weight because I had lost 14 lbs since the last time I saw him last fall.  He did ask me if I could just walk 10 minutes three times a week.  I agreed and thus far I have kept my end of the bargain and have been walking.  However all was not well as I found out when the last of the lab results came in.  I won't go into specifics but I have to go back in a few months and have some more labs to compare results.  Not pleased, but trying not to obsess or worry (yeah right).

I'm still doing the Relay for Life fundraising.  Last week I moved from 3rd out of the 299 participants to 2nd.  However, today I noticed that our team, Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church had dropped from 6th to 7th.  We will just have to do something about that!  And what would that be????  work harder, raise more money.....(I'm not competitive as you can tell)  All kidding aside, I can't thank my friends and family for all the support that they have shown me by their generous donations.  I am so very grateful.  Upon the advice of some real life and Facebook friends, I raised my goal to $3000.00.  As of this posting I am at $2306.00 with 23 days to go!!  So with that said, if you are so led and would like to make a donation, please click on the link below.

This weekend of course is Mother's Day Weekend.  I'll be going to Greenville on Sunday to spend the day with Joe's mother and his sister's family.  Will be heading that way after the early service at PGUMC on Sunday morning.  But first, I will be going to Teddy Lupton's graduation party Saturday evening in Hardscrabble.  Teddy is graduating from NC State.  Yet another Lupton receives a degree!  A very studious and scholarly bunch.

Thank you to everyone who continues to take time to wish me well, say a prayer and say hello or give me a quick hug.  They are all appreciated.

                                                  DONATE HERE TO RELAY FOR LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...