Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's Been A Hard Days Night......

...and I've been working like a dog ( we all know that's not true in my case). It's been a hard days night! I should be sleeping like a log. (Now we're talking! That's more like it). Yes friends, I've been reduced to Beatles lyrics. But truer words have almost never been spoken, at least about the sleeping part. Joe has worked hard this week: piano lesson Monday (yes on Memorial Day- is that dedication or what?), piano lessons on Tuesday, 2 1/2 hours of chorus rehearsal Tuesday night, piano lesson on Wednesday, choir practice on Wednesday night (followed by McFlurries from McDonalds) and then chemo today. But today he does get to sleep later. His lab appointment is at 9:20a.m. and chemo at 10:30a.m. at Duke. First time in a long time that his lab appointment isn't at 7 something. Not that he is complaining! But of course, the later in the day meant the more backed up they were so he had to wait 30 minutes for his blood to be drawn and then an hour up in the chemo waiting room before getting buzzed.in to a vacant chair.  He also had a new nurse who was not very good at getting a good vein so he had to be stuck 3 times.  That always makes for a fun time!  Me?, I'm just putting in my 8-5 routine. Although with it being the end of the month that means closings and an increased workload but at least the day goes by quicker.

Before I close, Joe insisted that I mention that he got to brush Dolly really well this morning before leaving for Duke.  Why that is so important to him that it needs mentioning, I have no idea.  However, Joe does have a few idiosyncrasies.

Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes.  This makes 2 weeks down with a chemo treatment next week and then his CT scan on June 20th.

2 comments:

  1. Well, your mention of brushing Dolly has made me have to share how I deal with my furry family members! I used to brush Gobi and Hazel and I felt like it was never-ending. No matter what I did there was always more cat fur!

    So, one day, on a whim, I tried using our lint roller. And holy moly, does it work! AND they both love it (well, Gobi love love loves it. Hazel thinks it's nice) and it gets all of those pesky loose pieces of fur off of them. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe and Jeff, keeping the three grandbabies and finally had a quick break to read about your results. I prayed for you before I went to bed last night and then just before I read this. I just want to put my arms around both of you and say..it is going to be fine....but I can't ...those doctors know what they are doing because God has a hand in it. No one quite knows the feeling of waiting for these kind of results. After the fourth bout with cancer, I cringe everytime I had a test now. I have learned so much from you and how optomistic you both are. Attitude is everything in life. Know that both of you are in my prayers and I pray that this chemo will stop that aweful monster.God is good...please keep all of us posted...your rockingham sweetheart...

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...