Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Last Week is Just a Memory

As most regular readers of this site know, I am an eternal optimist.  Okay, so maybe I have my extreme pessimistic moments, but generally speaking, I am an optimistic person.  Last week, being not such a good week, I will admit I was less than positive 100% of the time.  Joe would probably say I was less than positive all of the time last week, and he would probably be right. He usually is.  However, last week is just a memory now.  It would appear that most of my overwrought dramatic moments have abated and I feel much more relaxed.   Joe had his chemo appointment yesterday, no doctor – only labs & chemo, and other than the first nurse blowing a vein when trying to get the infusion going, it went fine and he left Duke somewhat unscathed.  Since we were down a car, he had to go it alone, although we did do FaceTime during part of his treatment so I could see him and make sure he was doing ok.  Thank goodness for technology, specifically Apple and the iPad2.
This morning, after the drama with the VW dealership last week and the exorbitant fee that they were saying it would take to fix Joe’s car, he managed to get to Raleigh without the car catching on fire and dropped it off at Autohaus for a second opinion.  Guess what, they can make the necessary repairs for 75% less than what the dealership was charging.  Amazing huh?  That combined with my conversation with Certapro today where I pointed out their errors in the final bill for the painting and repairs of our house (they had charged us $300 more than the estimate) and getting that credit back has made for a rather positive & productive morning.  Now we just have to wait for the repairs on Joe’s car to be completed so we can once again be a 2 car family.  Me having to stay at the office until 6:25pm last night for Joe to come pick me up is not my idea of a good time since I get off work at 5pm.  But I’m not complaining. J
The house looks great!  The exterior is actually yellow again instead of “off white”.  Pressure washing is a good thing.  Even the patio & driveway are white again instead of grey.  The inside where we had painted is perfect.  Exactly the colors and result we were wanting. 

We should have done it a couple of years ago.  I’ve picked out colors for other people for years now, but when it came to what I was going to have to live with, I dragged it out and dragged it out.  Hopefully we will have our wedding video soon and then we plan to have an Open House to celebrate.  Now that the house is looking so nice, it will be even better!
Continued thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.  We love and cherish each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...