Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Duke Cancer Center 1st Visit - Reboot

I had my appointment with Dr. Zhang at the Duke Cancer Center yesterday and it was very informative.  I got lots of information on treatment options, other than surgery and also made an appointment to have an MRI.  Reason, when my urologist did the physical exam, he noted there was a nodule on the right hand side of the prostate however, the biopsy that came back positive for cancer was on the left side.  This inconsistency needs to be clarified and the best way to do that is to get a better picture, literally, with an MRI.  Should there be something that shows up on the MRI that looks "sketchy", then we will have another biopsy but this time MRI guided in the area(s) in question.  Seem logical?  It did (does) to me.  Therefore in a couple of weeks I will have the MRI and then a follow up appointment with Dr. Zhang.  All in all, it was a very productive day.

The Duke Cancer Center hasn't changed much at all.  The systems & procedures still appear to be the same except for the little "due to HIPAA regulations" signs that make you stand back from the check in desk.  Didn't have those back in 2012.  Otherwise, same buzzers, same departments in same locations, same food court & cafe in same locations.  Spent the better part of the afternoon there and I didn't even go over to the hospital and have the chicken fingers!  Did I show restraint or what????

Right now the more pressing issue, at least with what is bothering me is the tinnitus.  It is driving me crazy.  If this ringing gets much louder I won't be able to hear myself think!  ARGH!!!

Thank you for the prayers, well wishes and comments of support.  They are much appreciated and I am so very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...