Monday, May 11, 2015

2 1/2 WEEKS TO RELAY FOR LIFE

Just 2 1/2 weeks from now is my Relay For Life event.  Eeeeeek!  I am SO behind!!!!!!   HELP!!!  But I have faith, and friends and it can happen. 

As I’ve said in the past, my reasons for participating are well documented and I don’t think anyone wants to hear the rundown again.  The short version, cancer.  Regardless of what kind, can be devastating to individuals and families.  Ask someone if they ever had a family member or close friend who had been treated for cancer.  100% of them would say yes.  For me, it was both my partner and my mother.  Both died of cancer.   I’m just one of millions.

Relay for Life funds research.  Research produces new effective treatments.  Given time for more research, the advancements in treatment can happen.  But that time costs money.  Money that is raised through Relay for Life.   Study it, treat it, beat it.  Please help me help others that are hoping, praying and waiting for viable new treatment options.

From 6:30 pm on Friday May 29th until 8 am on Saturday May 30th, I will be at Raleigh Relay for Life on the football field at Leesville Road High school, walking.  Help me by making a donation.   If that is not feasible, come out and walk a few laps.  The atmosphere is one of Hope.  It is both uplifting and sobering.  The link to donate online is below my name.  If you would prefer to write a check, use the same link to print a donation sheet and mail in with your check.  Please remember to make your check payable to The American Cancer Society. 100% of your donation is tax deductible.

“I walk all night because cancer never sleeps” 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...