Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pursue Love

Today in Glastonbury, Connecticut, Rev. Kate VanDerzee-Glidden of First Church of Christ, Congregational preached a sermon based on 1Corinthians 14:1, "Pursue Love".  Kate is one of the ministers that married me and Joe.  She tells her own story of fear relating to the events of mine and Joe's wedding.  Of course I cried.  I think most people would when they hear their own story used in a sermon.  I think most people would if they heard someone else tell their love story.  I've listened to many sermons from the podcast site that Kate has preached.  She is always eloquent, personal, and listeners must relate well to her.  I know I do.  If you have a spare 19 minutes, take a listen.   You will be glad you did.

First Church of Christ, Congregational 3.9.2014

Please remember that Relay for Life is just around the corner.  I would appreciate any and all support.  You can click on the box at the top right to make a donation or if you would like to join the team, you can find that area of the site by following the same link.

We walk all night because cancer never sleeps.

Peace,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...