Monday, December 9, 2013

It's been a long, long time.

It has been quite some time since I’ve posted here on the blog.  Since my last visible post, Thanksgiving has come and gone, my Thanksgiving trip to the island has come and gone and we are right in the middle of Advent.  Many things have transpired during this period.  Some quite nice and some not so quite nice.  As was expected, the Holiday season has brought with it quite a lot of sadness.  My trip was nice at Thanksgiving, but sad.  The approaching Christmas, with it being Joe’s “all time favorite” holiday has ushered in even more sadness.  For that reason, I decided after my trip that at least during Advent I would “go dark” with Facebook and other social media.  Just not feeling very “social”.  Even so, I did feel I needed to at least post something on the blog. 

If you noticed in the second sentence of this post, I referenced “visible post”.  What that means is that I have written a couple of posts, but they remain there in draft form and have not been published.  The reason; I wrote them to get a few things off my chest, but knew that if the general public at large read them, there would probably be hurt feelings or misunderstandings. Not that I say anything bad about anyone, or don’t tell the truth, but sometimes it is the truth that can be most hurtful.  I continue to be torn about many different topics and sometimes I just need to get it out of my head and somewhere else.  Maybe someday I will publish, but by then they will be buried deep within the website and probably never read unless someone gets ambitious and goes on a reading frenzy!

It hardly seems possible, but this Friday it will be 11 months since Joe died.  For me, it truly does feel just like yesterday.  The pain and sadness is still just as fresh as it was the day following his death.  For this Christmas, I’m just going to curl up, not over eat, keep running and working out, stay out of trouble, catch up on movies and sleep when at all possible!  Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. 

1 comment:

  1. It was so very nice to hear from you (and Joe) in this post. I had just thought about you yesterday and figured I was not longer on the mailing list. It is indeed very hard to believe it is almost a year, ad surely your holidays will be filled with a deeply spiritual connection to the one-year anniversary during 'his' favorite time of year. I miss him, but your 'miss' must define the most passionate sense of the word. You are in my prayers. Wishing you a heart-full and heart-filled and Joyous Christmas. May it be secularly fun and mystically sacred. xoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...