Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It Seems Like Such A Long Time

It seems like it has been such a long time since I posted but it's actually only been two weeks.  However, a lot has happened in the last few weeks.  First I sliced open my thumb and had to have stitches; then at bowling a couple of weeks ago in mid swing I pinched a nerve in my back and howled in pain; I've had a stiff neck for two weeks; then last Saturday morning I ended up at Duke with diverticulitis.  Man oh man, some weeks it just doesn't pay to get out of bed!  Throw into the mix my sister having health issues (cause yet to be determined) and my brother-in-law having back surgery last week and the Holland part of my family has not had a run of good luck as of late.  I'm on day 5 of my two antibiotics, I haven't been able to workout since Tuesday of last week, and I hurt hurt hurt.  I know I don't have the right to ask for preferential treatment, but come on,...Big Guy, can I PLEASE catch a break??

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning at 8:30am (previously scheduled follow up for blood work from my May physical) and poor Dr. K isn't going to know what is going on.  I was actually looking forward to the appointment to show off my weight loss, but now I just want him to give me some reassurance that the drugs they gave me at Duke are going to do the trick.  I was hopeful the pain would have subsided more by now.  I guess there isn't a miracle instant cure!  If I could just have a few days without neck, thumb, hip, back, stomach pain.

Otherwise..haha, things are okay.  I've still felt a little down over the last couple of weeks, but hopefully that has a lot to do with everything just going wrong physically.  Getting old sucks.

I had a great time as Harper's guest at her birthday dinner last week (Thank you Harper), but was bummed I couldn't attend the 5th Sunday social after church at PGUMC last weekend.  Since I couldn't sit up for more than 5 minutes at a time, I didn't think laying on the floor or on a table in the fellowship hall would be conducive to enjoying a meal...or possibly distracting to others.  I pray that by this weekend, things will be more normalized.  Keep your fingers crossed for me that the doctor doesn't find anything else wrong tomorrow.  I'm beginning to feel like a train wreck...one that just keeps piling up more and more casualties.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend coming up.  My sister and brother in law will be back up Sunday in preparation for a follow up visit with his surgeon on Monday.  Company...YAY!!!   Thank you for all the continued support.  I am truly blessed, even if I am falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...