Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September is here!


Well it's been a week or so since I last wrote anything, but I decided it was time to put something down. The last 10 days have been filled with ups and downs. On the plus side I've lost a couple more pounds.  On the minus side I managed to hurt myself closing the locker door last night.  I got in over an hours worth of cardio exercise, 30 minutes of weights, 15 minutes in the sauna, a shower and I managed to hurt myself closing the locker door.  Leave it to me!  I hurt all day long (not bad), and tonight I've had the heating pad on my chest for the last hour.  Such is life.

But what have I done to pass the time you ask. Well the short answer is a whole lot of nothing. The correct answer would be a lot of reading, a lot of sleeping and a little bit of research. As the visioning process begins at Pleasant Grove, I've been doing research into the Methodist church as a whole. The UMC has issues I'm here to tell you. I'm sure this doesn't come as a surprise to some people and it didn't come as a surprise to me. So what do I do about it? That's the $64,000 question.  Not much I can do. I need to just get off that subject. No one wants to hear my inner turmoil.

I have less than 10 pounds to go before I get to my goal weight. The day I hit it I'm heading to McDonald's where I will get a Big Mac, two large orders of fries, and a very large chocolate milkshake.  I know that will add several pounds but I'm willing to take the risk and work just a little bit harder the next day to get it back off.  I have been aching for french fries for almost 3 full months. I have to have them soon!  Don't even get me started on chocolate. The last piece of chocolate I had was on May 30. Do you have any idea how long ago that was? I do.

Arrrggghhhh!!!

But seriously, I've had some low points in the last 10 days. I don't really know why, but Joe has just been ever present on my mind. And not the good times with Joe. That's the bad part. I just have the last few days before he died and the day he died on my mind. Can't seem to get some images out of my head and lots of "what ifs".  That coupled with the change in my medications has not been the best recipe for success. It's not so easy.  But I will get there.

I've rambled long enough for a Wednesday.  Hope your week ends on a good note and everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...