Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SLOW

Slow is the word of the week.  More precisely, slow motion.  That's what the last week has been like.  Everything is moving much slower than it should.  The work day seems longer, the evenings at home seem longer and time moves slower.  The only time that moves quickly is when I'm asleep.  Can't get enough of that.  It's 8:00 pm now and I'm fighting to not go on to bed.  Last night it was 7:00 pm when I went up to bed.  Saving grace, I found a new TV series to watch on Netflix.   I know that is just sad that a streaming TV series is a "saving grace", but it fills some time.

Last week I was still on a high from Relay but after more than a week that has worn off.  Even my therapist said I just looked different last week.  Wonder what she would say if she saw me this week?  And then there was my PGUMC surprise this week.  Thanks Lucinda.  

Went to the movies last weekend and hope to catch one (at least) this weekend. Plus joining the Y, so hopefully a few rounds on the treadmill, recumbent bike and a lot of sweat in the steam room.  Detox the body and maybe free the mind up for better thoughts.  The Lakewood Y is a great facility and it will help fill some time as well.  Maybe the slow pace will pick up some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vaccination date set

 This morning at 8 a.m. we began the process of trying to get an appointment date.  I had 3 appointments at the Duke Cancer Center so I was ...